Municipal Public Library in Gliwice
invites for post-competition exhibition
XII International Graphic Competition for Ex Libris, Gliwice 2018,
from 25 October to 31 December 2018
in the exhibition hall in library at Inwalidów Wojennych Square No 3.
XII International Graphic Competition for Ex Libris, Gliwice 2018
was organized by Municipal Public Library in Gliwice.
Zygmunt Frankiewicz Mayor of the City of Gliwice
National Library in Warsaw
Europaen Year ofCulturall Heritage.
Media Patronage: TVP Kultura oraz Dziennik Zachodni.
STATEMENT OF JURY
XII International Competition for Exlibris. Gliwice 2018
of July 12, 2018
- printed bookplate: 747 works of 223 artists from 35 countries,
- digital bookplate: 219 works by 61 artists from 12 countries.
Jury composed of:
- dr hab. Krzysztof Marek Bąk – graphic artist, assistant professor at the Department of Graphic Arts at the Institute of Art in Cieszyn at the University of Silesia, author of ex librises, writer (Poland),
- dr hab. prof. UR Łukasz Cywicki – graphic artist, adjunct professor at the Department of Graphic Art and Design at the Faculty of Arts, University of Rzeszów, author of bookplates (Poland),
- dr hab. prof. UTH Mariusz Dański – Department of Art at the University of Technology and Humanities in Radom, graphic artist
- dr Agnieszka Fluda-Krokos – adjunct professor at the Department of Information Culture at the Institute of Information Sciences of the Pedagogical University of Krakow, collector and ex librises researcher, (Poland)
- Marek Głowacki – artist, art animator, bookplate maker, graphic artist, computer graphics, pastels and drawings (Poland)
- Günter Hujber – painter, graphic artist, poet, musician (Czech Republic)
- Maryna Podolska – graphic artist, ex librises author, College im. Grekova M.B. Odessa (Ukraine)
- Bogna Dobrakowska – director of the Municipal Public Library in Gliwice (Poland)
The President of the jury chose Mr. Krzysztof Marek Bąk
By decision of the Jury:
- 339 printed ex librises by 171 artists from 33 countries were qualified to the exhibition.
- 76 digital ex librises by 37 artists from 7 countries were qualified to the exhibition.
- The list of artists whose works have been qualified for the exhibition constitutes an attachment.
- List of artists (digital ex libris) qualified to the exhibition
- List of artists (printed ex libris) qualified to the exhibition
- GRAND PRIX – statuette and PLN 5,000 – JOSEF WERNER (Germany)
- The award for printed ex libris – PLN 2,500 – RYSZARD BALOŃ (Poland)
- The award for digital ex libris – PLN 2,500 – RAFAŁ NOWICKI (Poland)
Honorable mentions for printed ex libris:
- Veselin DAMYANOV-VES (Bulgaria)
- Barbara KOMANIECKA (Poland)
- Isidora Paz ORTIZ GUZMAÑ (Chile)
- Marina TERAUDS (USA)
Honorable mentions for digital ex libris:
- Paweł BIŃCZYCKI (Poland)
- Aleksandra HACHUŁA (Poland)
Honorable mentions of the jury:
- dr hab. Krzysztof Marek Bąk – Dworzak-SUBOCZ Agata (Poland)
- dr hab. Łukasz Cywicki – Tomasz BARCZYK (Poland)
- dr hab. Mariusz Dański – Anna TROJANOWSKA (Poland)
- dr Agnieszka Fluda-Krokos – Olga KRUPENKOVA (Bielarus)
- Marek Głowacki – Martin R. BAEYENS (Belgium)
- Günter Hujber – Petar CHINOVSKY (Bulgaria)
- Maryna Podolska – Andreas RAUB (Germany)
- Bogna Dobrakowska – Mateusz MASZCZYK (Poland)
The jury also agreed that the award ceremony and the opening of the post-competition exhibition will take place in October 2018 in the exhibition hall of the Municipal Public Library in Gliwice, and all information regarding the competition will be published on the organizer’s website www.biblioteka.gliwice.pl.
The jury meeting was closed
Contact with the Organizer:
Miejska Biblioteka Publiczna w Gliwicach
ul. Kościuszki 17, 44-100 Gliwice
tel./fax +48 32 238 25 10