To use the Library’s collections and services, you must subscribe to it. It’s very simple and costs nothing.
- The registration is made on the basis of an ID card, in the case of children, the basis is a document and signature of the parent or legal guardian.
- A user can be a person of any age, including an infant.
- The library does not charge for borrowing and sharing collections, but there are several paid services. These are, for example, printouts and photocopies. Costs must be taken into account by readers who survive or destroy the collection, or lose their card. The amount of fees can be found in the price list.
Detailed rules for using the services and collections of the Library are specified in the regulations.
In matters related to the processing of personal data, you can contact the Personal Data Inspector:
Attorney DOMINIK HĄC
Law Firm JPM Adwokaci Janson, Pulda, Meller
Dolnych Wałów Street 7
phone: 32 334 70 39
RULES FOR USING THE SERVICES OF THE LIBRARY
UNDER THE SANITARY REGIME
effective from November 30, 2020
Pursuant to Article 10 sec. 22. Regulation of the Council of Ministers of November 26, 2020 on the establishment of certain restrictions, orders and bans in connection with the outbreak of the epidemic, library branches will be opened with the service of lending collections.
From November 30, 2020, the following restrictions will be introduced in terms of service and opening hours of facilities, in accordance with the rules of the sanitary regime and ensuring the safety of both employees and users:
- you can only borrow and return collections,
- readers may not enter the collection rental office,
- reading rooms are closedy,
- computers will not be made available,
- toilets will not be available for readers,
- in all branches between 13.00-14.00 is introduced a break for disinfection,
- all branches are closed on Saturdays
- the Central Library and Biblioforum are open at changed hours:
- Monday, Wednesday, Friday: 11.00 – 19.00
- Tuesday and Thursday: 8.00 – 15.00,
- the Music and Special Collections Lending Room at Kościuszki Street 17 is closed – the collections are available after pre ordering by phone: 32 231 54 05 or electronically to the address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- service points are located at the main entrance to each branch,
- only 1 person can stay at the service point, except for the Central Library, where 3 people may stay at the same time,
- people waiting for service remain outside the library keeping a safe distance in the queue
- before coming to the selected library branch, it is advisable to place an order for the collections by phone or electronically and to arrange visits for a specific date in order to avoid queues,
- we remind you that the order will not be processed if the reader has not paid the amounts due for keeping the books. Please pay in advance by bank transfer to the account: 40 1050 1285 1000 0002 0211 2819, ING BANK ŚLĄSKI S.A.
Readers using the library are required to:
- to cover the mouth and nose,
- for disinfecting hands in designated areas or wearing gloves,
- to keep 2 m spaces between people,
- not to use any disinfectants (e.g. water, detergents, alcohol) that may damage the borrowed harvest.
We inform, the that the returned collections are quarantined, which guarantees the security of the borrowed collections.
Accordingly, it is still:
- limited time access to selected items,
- extended delivery time for reserved titles.
All the rules introduced are intended to ensure the safety of both readers and employees. The library makes every effort to ensure that the use of the library services at this exceptional time runs smoothly and without interruption.