To use the Library’s collections and services, you must subscribe to it. It’s very simple and costs nothing.
- The registration is made on the basis of an ID card, in the case of children, the basis is a document and signature of the parent or legal guardian.
- A user can be a person of any age, including an infant.
- The library does not charge for borrowing and sharing collections, but there are several paid services. These are, for example, printouts and photocopies. Costs must be taken into account by readers who survive or destroy the collection, or lose their card. The amount of fees can be found in the price list.
Detailed rules for using the services and collections of the Library are specified in the regulations.
In matters related to the processing of personal data, you can contact the Personal Data Inspector:
Attorney Karolina Garcarz
Law Firm JPM Adwokaci Janson, Pulda, Meller
Dolnych Wałów Street 7
phone: 32 334 70 39
CHANGES IN THE RULES OF THE LIBRARY’S FUNCTIONING
in a sanitary regime
- free access to the book collection in all institutions
- Biblioforum open on Saturdays from 9.00 to 20.00,
- other facilities are closed on Saturdays,
- there is a limit of people simultaneously staying on the premises of the rental:
- 3 persons in Biblioforum and Branches No: 6, 7, 11, 13, 15, 22, 23, 24, 25,
- 5 persons in Central Libray and Branches No: 1, 5, 9, 16, 17, 20, 21, 30
- other people waiting for service remain outside the library keeping a safe distance in the queue,
- reading rooms are closed,
- from June 16, computer stations will be available
- toilets will not be available for readers,
- breaks are introduced in the hours 10.00-10.15, 13.00 – 13.15, 16.00 – 16.15 intended for airing rooms and disinfection in all facilities,
- collections can also be returned to the safe outside the building of the Central Library at ul. Kościuszki 17.
Readers using the library are required to:
- to cover the mouth and nose,
- for disinfecting hands in designated areas or wearing gloves,
- to keep1,52 m spaces between people,
- not to use any disinfectants (e.g. water, detergents, alcohol) that may damage the borrowed harvest.
All the rules introduced are intended to ensure the safety of both readers and employees. The library makes every effort to ensure that the use of the library services at this exceptional time runs smoothly and without interruption.
We would like to remind you about the possibility of using free access to electronic books. Activation codes can be obtained for:
- LEGIMI – in:
- IBUK LIBRA via the form: https://biblioteka.gliwice.pl/zbior/ibuk/#zglossiepologindoibuka