RULES FOR PARTICIPATION IN THE
XIII INTERNATIONAL COMPETITION FOR EX LIBRIS – GLIWICE-CIESZYN 2022
- The Competition is intended for adults.
- The Participant may submit any number of works in 3 signed prints.
- The Competition works must contain:
- the formula „ex libris” or „in memoriam”
- a dedication consisting of the name and surname of the owner or the person to be commemorated, or the name of the institution.
- The paper size cannot exceed A4.
- The description of the ex libris shall contain the following information:
- first name and surname of the author,
- FISAE code of the graphic technique,
- year it was made,
- explanation of initials or abbreviations used.
If it is used an alphabet other than Latin, please put the text in Latin on application form with an English translation, if necessary.
- The works shall be accompanied by a legible application form.
- The works should be sent no later than 9 September 2022 (postal date stamp) to the address:
Miejska Biblioteka Publiczna w Gliwicach
- The jury appointed by the Organizers will select the works for the exhibition and award prizes:
- I prize – 500 €
- II prize – 300 €
- III prize – 200 €
- Honorable mention or other special prizes.
- Awards are subject to taxation in accordance with legislation in force.
- The works awarded and qualified for the exhibition will be placed in the online catalog.
- The award ceremony and the opening of the post-competition exhibition will take place in November 2022 in Gliwice. Detailed information will be posted on the website www.biblioteka.gliwice.pl no later than one month before the ceremony.
- All works submitted to the Competition become the property of the Organizers (copy ownership): 2 copies for the Municipal Public Library in Gliwice and 1 copy for the University of Silesia in Katowice – Modern Exlibris Research Studio.
- A Competition Participant transfers to the Organizer non-exclusive author’s property rights in the submitted works as follows:
- recording and reproduction by any technique on any medium, for the needs of any media, in particular in the form of printed publications, posters, computer discs and all types of media intended for digital recording,
- placing and using on any scale or part any materials published for promotional purposes of the Competition and the Organizers,
- introducing in any part to the Internet and computer memory, placing and using as part of an online publication,
- public display, display, playback and broadcasting and rebroadcasting via wired and wireless vision by land stations, broadcast via satellite and the Internet
- The Participant, by registering their participation in the Competition in accordance with the provisions of these Regulations confirms that he/she:
- has read the content of this Regulations and accepts all conditions specified in it,
- the submitted works are his/her exclusive property and is the result of his/her work,
- submission of works to the Competition and transfer of ownership of copies of work and author’s property rights does not violate any rights of third persons,
- consents to the processing of personal data provided for the purpose of conducting and promoting the Competition, as well as the organization and publication of post-competition materials and the exercise of ownership and author’s property rights to the submitted works by the Organizers,
- consents to using the image free of charge in accordance with Article 81(1) of the Act of 4 February 1994 on copyright and neighboring rights, by publishing on the website: www.biblioteka.gliwice.pl and for information, marketing and promotion purposes of the Competition.
- Information clause (pDF) on the processing of personal data pursuant to Art. 13 of the Regulation of the European Parliament and of the Council (EU) 2016/679 of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46 / EC (hereinafter referred to as GDPR) placed is available at www.biblioteka.gliwice.pl.
- Latest news regarding the Competition will be published on: www.biblioteka.gliwice.pl, www.facebook.com/MBPGliwice.