OF THE NEWSLETTER SERVICE PROVIDED
BY THE MUNICIPAL PUBLIC LIBRARY IN GLIWICE
These Regulations define the conditions for the provision of electronic services (pursuant to the Act of 18 July 2002 on the provision of electronic services), in the form of sending a newsletter by the Municipal Public Library in Gliwice, the owner of the website www.biblioteka.gliwice.pl, with its registered office in Gliwice (44-100), ul. Kościuszki 17, entered into the „Register of Cultural Institutions of the City of Gliwice” under RIK II / 92, NIP: 631 21 97 866, hereinafter referred to as the library.
- The newsletter is a service consisting in sending users information and promotional materials by electronic means in the form of e-mails.
- By providing his e-mail address in the registration form, the User accepts these Regulations and agrees to conclude an agreement with the library for the provision of the newsletter service (in accordance with Article 10 (2) of the Act of 18 July 2002 on the provision of electronic services).
- The agreement referred to in para. 2 applies only to the newsletter service provided by the library. Its conclusion does not entail any consequences, apart from receiving by the User, by e-mail, in the form of e-mails, information and promotional materials regarding the activities of the library contained in the form of a newsletter.
- The newsletter service is free of charge.
- Newsletters are sent to Users with a frequency determined by the library.
- To use the service, you need a computer with Internet access, any web browser, and an active and properly configured e-mail.
- The newsletter service is provided for an indefinite period of time.
- The User has the right to unsubscribe from the newsletter at any time, and the library from providing the newsletter service. The resignation is effective immediately.
- The Library resigns from providing the newsletter service by sending an e-mail containing a statement on this subject to the user’s e-mail address to which the newsletter is sent.
- The User resigns from receiving it by making a statement on this subject by clicking on the appropriate link at the bottom of each of the e-mails sent, as part of the newsletter service.
- Removal of the User’s e-mail account from the library newsletter address database takes place immediately and is signaled with a message confirming the operation.
- The administrator of the user’s personal data is the Municipal Public Library in Gliwice with its seat at Kościuszki Street 17, 44-100 Gliwice, tel. 32 238 25 1.
- In matters of personal data protection, information is provided by the Data Protection Officer, e-mail: email@example.com
- The Library collects and processes Users’ data in the form of e-mail addresses for the purpose and to the extent necessary for the proper performance of the newsletter service.
- Providing personal data is not obligatory, however, it is required to achieve the goals set out above.
- The data may be made available to entities authorized by law and entities to whom the provision of data is justified for the performance of a specific activity or performance of a specific service, e.g. legal or IT service providers.
- Data will not be transferred to third countries and international organizations, and will not be subject to automated decision making, including profiling.
- The data will be processed for the duration of the newsletter service provided by the library, and after its completion for the period and to the extent required by law or to secure any claims.
- The User has the right to access their data, rectify it, delete or limit processing, the right to object to the processing, as well as the right to transfer data (to the extent specified in Articles 15-18 and Articles 20-21 of the GDPR).
- In cases where the processing takes place on the basis of the consent given, the User has the right to withdraw consent to the processing of data at any time without affecting the lawfulness of the processing which was carried out on the basis of consent before its withdrawal.
- In disputes or in the event that the processing of personal data by the Library violates the provisions of the GDPR, the User has the right to lodge a complaint with the supervisory body.
- Complaints regarding the service should be sent via e-mail to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org. The problem should be described in detail in the complaint. Responses to complaints will be provided by e-mail to the address from which the complaint was received within 14 days from the date of receipt of the complaint.
- The Regulations are available on the website www.biblioteka.gliwice.pl.
- The Library reserves the right to change the content of these Regulations to the extent permitted by applicable law, in particular in the event of significant reasons related to the technical or substantive aspect of the service provision.
- Amendments to the Regulations will be made available on the website www.biblioteka.gliwice.pl. If the changes to the Regulations are not accepted, the User should immediately notify the library of the withdrawal from the contract by e-mail.
- In matters not covered by these Regulations, the provisions of the Civil Code and other applicable law shall apply.
Regulations obligated from 25th May 2018 .