BY THE MUNICIPAL PUBLIC LIBRARY IN GLIWICE
Definition of cookies and other similar technologies
- Cookies – information saved by the servers of the Municipal Public Library in Gliwice with its seat in Gliwice (44-100), ul. Kościuszki 17, entered into the „Register of Cultural Institutions of the City of Gliwice” under the RIK II / 92 item, NIP: 631 21 97 866, hereinafter referred to as the library or by servers of partner companies on the user’s end device, which servers can read each time they connect to Cookies (so-called „cookies”) are IT data, in particular text files, which are stored in the user’s end device.Cookies usually contain the name of the website domain from which they come from, the storage time on the end device and individual number.
- In these regulations, information on cookies also applies to other similar technologies used as part of the websites and mobile applications of the Municipal Public Library in Gliwice.
Entities placing cookies related to the use of websites and mobile applications of the Municipal Public Library in Gliwice.
- Entities that place information in the form of cookies on the user’s end device when using websites and mobile applications of the Municipal Public Library in Gliwice and access them are:
- Municipal Public Library in Gliwice, owner of the website www.biblioteka.gliwice.pl, based in Gliwice (44-100), ul. Kościuszki 17, entered into the „Register of cultural institutions of the city of Gliwice” under the entry RIK II / 92, with NIP: 631 21 97 866
- partner companies, co-creating websites and mobile applications of the Municipal Public Library in Gliwice. These are, in particular, companies such as Google or Facebook.
Purposes of creating cookies related to the use of websites and mobile applications of the Municipal Public Library in Gliwice.
- The Library or partner companies place cookies on the end devices of use when using the websites and mobile applications of the Municipal Public Library in Gliwice in order tou:
- adapting the content of the library’s websites and mobile applications to the user’s preferences and optimizing the use of these services; in particular, these files allow to recognize the user’s device of the website or mobile application and properly display the content, tailored to his individual needs,
- creating statistics that help to understand how users use the library’s websites and mobile applications, which allows improving their structure and content,
- maintaining the user’s session of the website or mobile application,
- creating audience statistics for the library’s websites or mobile applications,
- saving and analyzing statistics, including Google Analytics and Google AdWords.
- Cookies saved by the library or partner companies on the user’s end device do not serve to identify the user and the user’s identity is not determined on their basis.a.
- The user may at any time delete cookies placed on his end device using the options available in his web browser.
- The available web browsers in the initial (default) settings accept the creation of cookies on the user’s device. However, each user may object to the placement of cookies on his end device. As a rule, to change these settings, you should use the option to disable the cookies mechanism in a given web browser, both on computers, mobile phones, tablets and other devices. These settings can be changed in particular in such a way as to block the automatic handling of cookies in the web browser settings or to inform about their every posting in the user’s device. Detailed information on the possibilities and methods of handling cookies is available in the software (web browser) settings.
- Removal or blocking the possibility of creating cookies on the user’s end device may lead to the loss of the ability to use essential functionalities of websites and mobile applications of the Municipal Public Library in Gliwice.
- The Regulations enter into force on March 1, 2018.
- The Regulations are available on the website www.biblioteka.gliwice.pl.
- The Library reserves the right to change the content of these Regulations to the extent permitted by applicable law. Amendments to the Regulations will be made available on the website referred to in paragraph 2 above.
- In matters not covered by these Regulations, the provisions of the Civil Code and other applicable laws shall apply.