OF USING THE COMPUTERS AND OTHER DEVICES AND THE INTERNET
at the Municipal Public Library in Gliwice
I. RULES OF USING THE COMPUTERS AND OTHER DEVIECS AND THE INTERNET
- Access to the Internet at the workstations located in the Library serves to the information and scientific needs of the readers.
- All readers with a valid library card have the right to use computers and other devices as well as the Internet and additional services:
- at the reading room for adults – over the 15 years old,
- at the reagind room for children – over the 8 years old,
- younger children only under adult supervision..
- The basis for using computer services, tablets and the console is the leaving the library card with the librarian on duty. After the session ends, the document is returned to the user.
- Each time the computer, other devices and the Internet are made available, the librarian records it in the Prolib system.
- An individual computer session or use of the device may last 1 hour with the possibility of extension, as long as there are no other users waiting for access to the computer.
- Users of computers, other devices and the Internet should have basic knowledge of operating system operation and the ability to use a web browser.
- Using the Internet access is limited to browsing the WWW resources with the help of a browser installed on the local disk of the computer.
- The results of the work can be saved on your own electronic media (pendrive) and printed. Printouts and copies are made at the stand of the librarian on duty.
- At the end of the session, the user is obliged to delete previously saved data.
- The sound played during the operation of multimedia programs can only be emitted through the headphones.
- The devices for games are used with the consent of the librarian who issues the accessories necessary for the game.
- If it is necessary the librarian as far as possible, provide the instructions on how to search for information via the Internet and use application programs and multimedia collections. The search is carried out by the user himself.
- The librarian has the right to control the activities performed by the user at the computer.
- Free wireless Internet (WiFi) is available in selected library facilities. The configuration of your mobile device is made only by the user.
- People using their own portable computer in the reading room may, after prior arrangement with the librarian, connect to the power source to top up the device (for a maximum of 1 hour).
II. USER RESPONSIBILITY
- The User bears full responsibility for the damage caused by him or the abuse committed while using the utility programs, Internet resources, multimedia collections and the entrusted equipment made available to him.
- The librarian may refuse access to a computer or device if he deems that the user performs activities inconsistent with the Regulations.
- A user who does not comply with the provisions of the Regulations may be permanently deprived of the right to use computers and devices on the basis of a decision made by the library manager.
III. RESTRICTIONS ON USE OF THE INTERNET, MULTIMEDIA COLLECTIONS AND SOFTWARE
It is prohibited:
- installing software and making changes to the configuration of the operating system installed on the computer’s local disk,
- using the Internet to
- sending, sharing and using data that violates the law and is generally considered obscene or offensive,
- performing activities that infringe the authors' copyrights
- eating and drinking at the computer.
IV. RULES OF PAYMENT
- The using of the Internet, utilities and multimedia collections is free of charge.
- The printing fee is specified in the current Price list.
V. ADDITONAL SERVICES
- Scanning is possible in branches with the appropriate device.
- Scanned materials can be recorded on your own media.
- Scanning service fees are charged in accordance with the current Price List.
Gliwice, 15th January 2016